Discover the beaches near Port Pothuau, your campsite by the sea in Hyères
The proximity of the beaches is ideal for spending a peaceful summer holiday in the heart of the Var department at our campsite in Hyères. You can enjoy the daily pleasures of swimming, lounging and playing in the water on the campsite’s sandy beaches or in the water park, depending on your wishes.
Indeed, in our campsite in the Var by the seaThere’s no need to plan your whole day at the beach: you can spend a few hours there in the morning before devoting the afternoon to exploring the area, stop there in the evening on your way back from a walk or take a leisurely stroll after dinner.
The sea is so close to our campsite that you won’t have to worry about when to enjoy it! It will be omnipresent during all your holidays. It’s up to you to take the time to enjoy it.
During the high season, a free shuttle bus takes you to the beaches from the campsite effortlessly.
The beaches near the campsite
Ideally located in Hyères on the edge of the old salt marshes, the Port Pothuau campsite allows you to reach the sea in a few minutes. During your holidays, you can enjoy the pleasures of a campsite with quick access to the beaches of Hyères, including 3 beaches located nearby.
The beach of the Gare des Vieux Salins d’Hyères is less than 5 minutes away by shuttle or by car. It offers 150 meters of fine sand for making beautiful sandcastles and is bordered by a pleasant shaded lawn with picnic tables to take time to relax and spend a nice day with the family. You can also choose to spend some time at the restaurant on the private beach of Kaïna Beach where cocktails and sunbeds await you.
Continuing eastwards, you will find the Salins beach with its large expanses of sand and a large car park nearby. Take the opportunity to look in the marshes… some wild birds might be nesting there… especially pink flamingos!
Less than 3 km away is the large beach of l’Ayguade: you can reach it in less than 5 minutes by car from our campsite in Hyères by the sea. Sitting on the pebbles you will enjoy a panoramic view of the golden islands and the bay of Hyères. The village square welcomes you with its bowling green, ice cream parlour and small cafés and restaurants.
The beaches of Hyères
You can also explore the other beaches of Hyères, the Giens peninsula and Porquerolles, to take the time to enjoy it diversity: wild and intimate coves, or large stretches of sand with beach clubs and shops, you will find the site to suit your mood!
In Hyères and its surroundings, the sea unfolds large stretches of white sand interspersed with wild creeks lost in the vegetation.
Explore the surrounding beaches, discover the many activities on offer, from the water sports of Almanarre to the underwater trails of Port-Cros, our campsite in the Var by the sea is not short of options!
Take the time to discover the surrounding beaches…
If you want to discover other beaches, we invite you to drive to La Londe les Maures, beyond the world famous Côtes de Provence vineyards.
You can relax on 5 mythical beaches of the Var coast:
- The Pellegrin beach can be reached by the coastal path (12 minutes from the Argentière beach) or from the Léoube road (paying parking). This beautiful, unspoilt beach is situated in the heart of an exceptional natural environment. This is a beach not to be missed during your holiday at our campsite by the sea in the Var.
- The Miramar beach is located near the small port of La Londe. It is a family beach with plenty of space to enjoy the sea. It is equipped with several volleyball nets and has a shallow swimming area, so children can continue to have fun playing racquets or ball while in the water.
- The beach of L’Argentière is the longest beach of La Londe as it stretches from the residences of L’Argentière, along the pine forest and up to the tip of L’Argentière. There is free parking nearby. You can also enjoy a cocktail at the Hemingway restaurant, which we love for its unique setting and fine cuisine.
- The beach of L’Estagnol is located between Bormes les Mimosas and La Londe Les Maures. Between two rocky outcrops, you can spend a full day between pine forest and beach with many shady corners. L’Estagnol has a large lagoon with a very shallow walkway, which makes it easy for children to swim. (paid parking available from March to October).
- The Tamaris beach is accessible to people with reduced mobility and is located between the Port of Miramar and L’Argentière, it is very close to a nautical base and it tolerates dogs on a part of the beach which is quite rare!